Release Date: May 15th, 2020
IKORIA: Lair of Behemoths
There’s Always a Bigger Monster
On the treacherous world of Ikoria, gargantuan beasts fight for survival while humans hide at the bottom of the food chain—forever in fear of the creatures beyond the walls and the human traitors known as “bonders” who believe the monsters misunderstood. Will you fight the behemoths at your door, or fight alongside them?
Battle your way through the plane of Ikoria with monster-themed mechanics that grow your creatures, build your bond, and crush your opponents.
Mutate: Cast a spell for its mutate cost, then put it over on under a target non-Human creature you own. They mutate into the creature on top plus all the abilities of the creature under it.
Companion: Before each game begins, you may select one card with the companion mechanic. If your starting deck meets the conditions on that card, you may cast it once from outside the game.
Keyword Counters: Train and grow your monsters in line with your strategy with keyword counters like first strike, trample, menace, and more monstrous effects.
Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths – Booster Box
- Open hundreds of cards, upgrade your deck, and claw your way to the top of the food chain. With 36 Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths (IKO) booster packs, the possibilities are nearly endless.
- Enhance your Magic: The Gathering (MTG) collection with a never-before-seen box topper! Each sealed Draft Booster Box comes with 1 of 15 possible foil Godzilla Series Monsters.
- Befriend your perfect monster companion—if you meet their conditions, they’ll come to your aid from outside the battle! The Companion mechanic will feel familiar to Commander fans and add a fresh twist to two-player formats.
- Battle your way through the plane of Ikoria with monster-themed mechanics like Mutate—stack your creature cards for a mutated monster with the type of one and the abilities of another.
- Crack your box and booster draft with up to 12 friends for an unforgettable game night filled with colossal monsters—just add lands and you’re ready to draft!